GIRIJAN CO-OP. CORPORATION LTD
The Girijan Co-operative Corporation is a public undertaking Corporation of Government of Andhra Pradesh, established in the year 1956 for the Socio-economic upliftment of Tribals in the state of Andhra Pradesh and serving around 2.6 Million Tribal against a total Tribal Population of 4.2 Million in the state. In Adilabad District G.C.C is serving approximately 5 Lakhs Tribal.
- To ensure payment of remunerative price for the M.F.P collected by the Tribals by eliminating the middlemen and private merchants who were indulging in unfair trade practices.
- To ensure availability of Essential Commodities even in the interior Agency areas through a network of DR Depot.
- To ensure supply of super fine rice (ECs), DRs and Cosmetic items to TW Institutions.
- To provide SAO Loans to the Tribal formers
III. Organization Hierarchy:-
The following Six (6) Girijan Primary co-operative Marketing Societies (G.P.C.M.S) functioning the control of Utnoor division. The societies are being managed by the managers as secretaries of the Society.
- G.P.C.M.S Ltd., Utnoor 4. G.P.C.M.S Ltd., Asifabad
- G.P.C.M.S Ltd., Itchoda 5. G.P.C.M.S Ltd., Jannaram
- G.P.C.M.S Ltd., Adilabad 6. G.P.C.M.S Ltd., SK. Nagar
- 45.85 lakhs have been achieved as against the target of Rs. 106.05 lakhs in MFP procurement.
- In Essential Commodities (ECs), Rs. 316.84 lakhs have been achieved as against the targets of Rs. 523.29 lakhs
- In DRs Sales, Rs. 510.44 lakhs have been achieved as against the targets of Rs. 602.51 lakhs.
- Out of 12.44 lakhs, Rs. 3.11 lakhs have been recovered as debt waiver under credit recovery of agriculture loan as against the target of Rs. 30.00 lakhs.